The above photo features Linville Chapel on the 101 acre campus of Oak Ridge Military Academy (ORMA). The academy opened in 1853; however, the chapel was not built until 1914*. It does have a plaque to the right of the front doors stating that it was renovated in 1991 by R.N. "Buster" and Edna Linville in honor of Bishop Kenneth Goodson and wife Martha whose first methodist appointment was in Linville Chapel in 1935.
The entire campus is registered as a National Historic District. If you have not been out there to see the campus, it is well worth the drive. There is so much history associated with the institution. Before the 1990s was very secluded and rural in character. Over the last two and a half decades, retail establishments have been encroaching; especially on the western end of the property. ORMA itself, however, still has the character of a campus from a century ago. We hope to be able to attend a service inside, at some point, as the stained glass windows are lovely.
* reference and more information, here.