The Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) was founded in 1970 by C. Smith Richardson, son of Lunsford Richardson who was the founder of Vick Chemical Company. It is located on North Battleground Avenue, Highway 220, just north of Bur-Mil Park. The CCL is an organization that addresses leadership capabilities of individuals and organizations. CCL offers leadership solutions from North America to Europe, Russia, and Asia.
One of CCL's efforts is to help leaders and organizations create new knowledge, a crucial skill for navigating the 21st century. Their non-profit status allows them to be objective because they don't represent corporate private interests. How wonderful that we have this international resource, quietly changing the way we understand leadership, right here in our back yard. Just think, we owe it all to a family that gained international attention with a mentholated salve that has been bringing relief from congestion and illness since 1905.
Greensboro's CCL campus is really hard to photograph as much of it is hidden in a natural setting. Before Greensboro's urban sprawl, CCL seemed to be in the middle of "nowhere." (Take a virtual tour, here). Now, it just beyond the northern tip of town.